Regular price $3.49
HOW TO CARE FOR GERANIUMS
- Allow soil to dry to some extent between waterings, then water thoroughly.
- During the winter, water much less, but do not let the roots dry out entirely. Geraniums do best when given a period of dormancy through the winter months, during which they use less water and do not grow much. See below for more overwintering instructions.
- To encourage blooming, deadhead spent flowers regularly.
- To promote bushiness and curtail legginess, pinch back the stems.
- During active growing months, fertilize every 2 weeks or so. Use a water-soluble fertilizer at half strength. Don’t fertilize in winter, when the plant should be dormant.
- Geraniums can be re-potted in spring to encourage new growth—or if they look like they need to be refreshed.